Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Say Bye to NotePad!!!

I have been working with Notepad for quite some years and cursed it a billion times ....thinking what all the employees in Microsoft were doing and why can't they make some improvement to this 1960 product!! and then I came across this great Editor --" Edit Pad pro " .
It has some great features I would like to take this oppurtunity to explain it to you guys: ( Its my blog guys I can do what I want! :) )

1) Syntax colouring ... for example if you are working in SPICE as I do, you have to write simulation netlist so Editpad pro helps in putting different colours to different keywords!! Now i can say Color is always better!!!

2) Regex yes no kidding it has regular expressions for search and replace and yes it is windows based!!

3) Commenting in blocks

4) Tab based views (like another one of my favourites Mozilla!).

5) Rectangular selections -- selecting from the middle of lines not always from the start and to the end just selecting the middle portions isn't it great!!

I am sure I have convinced you atleast to try it which is free but to keep it for ever u need to pay dear a mere amount of 50$.

Oh I almost forgot the site name, here it is:
http://www.editpadpro.com/

Happy Editpad proing!!!

P.S: I was not paid for this!!.

No comments: