Monday, October 5, 2009

Are woman inferior to man????

Back to Blogging after a long break!!

Some days back I was having a conversation with some of my cousins and one of them said
"Men are superior to woman" . Oh how agitated I was to hear that.. It is 20th centuary and people still think like this, and more so even people who are educated and supposedly the youth of today. I want to beleive that maybe they were just testing my feminism and this is not their belief..but somewhere deep down i hear a voice telling me you wish!!

So I have some statistics showing why woman are not inferior to men..

1) Among women age 16 and over, the labor force participation rate was 33.9 percent in 1950, compared with 59.8 percent in 1998.

2) Indra Nooyi of PepsiCo is among the 13 female CEOs running the country's largest 500 publicly traded companies.

3) Women represent 14.0% of the active Army, 23.2 % of the Army Reserve and 13.3 % of the Army National Guard (Sep 2006)


These are some old numbers but even a till a few years ago, woman have been a part of every major areas be it corporate or army.

So guys who say woman are inferior to man look out...

2 comments:

shweta Gupta said...

Heyy Sweta,

That was an interesting post. I cant agree more . Its really good to see you back to blogging.

Sweta said...

Thanks!! Long time ..